This White Bean Chili Recipe is simply excellent! It’s completely loaded with taste, simple to make, and super filling. It’s wholesome and one of the best white bean chili out there! A should in your fall and tailgating recipes rotation! It’s an amazing different to traditional beef chili and makes for a super satisfying dinner! In case you’re fortunate to have any left it’ll make nice leftovers for lunch the next day too!
White Bean Chili RecipeCourse: Main DishDifficulty: Easy
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans
1 and 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
2 and 1/2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie or left-over chicken
2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
1 (8 oz) pkg Neufchatel cheese – cut into small cubes
2 cloves garlic – minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 small yellow onion – diced
1 and 1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
Optional toppings: tortilla chips or strips, Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado, extra chopped cilantro, sour cream
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute four minutes minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring combination simply to a boil then reduce warmth to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans in a nice mesh strainer or colander then measure out 1 cup. Set complete beans apart, transfer 1 cup beans to a meals processor together with 1/4 cup broth from soup, puree till practically smooth.
- Add cheese to soup together with corn, complete beans and pureed beans and stir nicely. Simmer 5-10 minutes longer.
- Stir in chicken, fresh lime juice and cilantro. Serve with desired toppings.