With carrots and sweet potatoes, this savory soup with a touch of sweetness is the essence of fall. It appears I’ve all the time obtained the parts of this soup lingering in my veggie bin, together with different mysterious things, however I’ll spare you these details, so it’s straightforward to whip up on a cool fall day. The nice factor is that the sweet potatoes add physique to the soup, making it luxuriously silky, with out even the slightest little bit of guilt-inducing heavy cream. This Sweet Potato Soup Recipe just what a chilly day needs.
Sweet Potato Soup RecipeCourse: SoupDifficulty: Easy
1 and 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable broth – plus more for thinner consistency
3 carrots – sliced
2 garlic cloves – minced
1 yellow onion
2 tablespoons avocado oil – or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh ginger – finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Optional toppings: crème fraîche, watercress, pistachios, diced celery stalks
- Heat the oil in a big stock pot on medium high heat. Add the diced onion and carrots and stir incessantly for 6-8 minutes, or till the carrots have softened barely.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir for 2-3 minutes or till aromatic.
- Add the diced sweet potato and vegetable broth. Turn the warmth to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, add a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or till the sweet potato is fork tender.
- Use a ladle to switch the soup ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high speed for one minute or till creamy. You may add extra broth or water for a thinner consistency.
- Pour into a number of bowl and top with desired toppings. Serve warm.
- Freezer-Friendly Directions: The soup will be frozen for as much as 3 months. Defrost the soup within the fridge for 12 hours and then reheat it on the stovetop over medium heat till hot.