Sticky Toffe Pudding Recipe – You’re my favorite and all the time might be. Also referred to as Sticky Toffee Pudding, the simple trick that makes all of the distinction is to pour some Toffe Sauce over the warm cake when it comes out of the oven. It makes it extremely moist and provides it that intense dark color. Plus, extra sauce to serve! The dates contribute to the stickiness and moistness of the sponge, in addition to giving it color.
Sticky Toffe Pudding RecipeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 ounces pitted dates
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter – softened
3/4 cup water
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Optional Serving: Vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream
- TOFFEE SAUCE
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
- In a medium saucepan, mix 1 1/4 cups of the cream with the butter, corn syrup and sugar, bring to a boil. Cook over reasonably low heat, stirring regularly, till a deep amber caramel forms, about 40 minutes. Rigorously whisk within the remaining 1 1/4 cups of cream. Strain the sauce through a sieve right into a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the dates within the water over reasonably low heat till the water is almost absorbed and the dates are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the dates and any liquid to a meals processor and puree till very smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (~180°C). Flippantly butter six 1/2-cup ramekins. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, utilizing an electrical mixer, beat the butter with the brown sugar at medium speed till mild and fluffy. Beat within the egg and vanilla, then beat within the date puree. At low speed, beat within the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter into the ramekins and clean the tops. Bake for 20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clear, let cool barely.
- Utilizing a small serrated knife, trim the tops of the cakes degree with the edges of the ramekins. Unmold the cakes and invert them onto a wire rack. Slice every cake in half horizontally. Wipe out the ramekins and spoon 1 tablespoon of the toffee sauce into every. Return the underside layers of the cakes to the ramekins, lower side up. Spoon another tablespoon of the toffee sauce into the ramekins and high with the remaining cake layers. Spoon another tablespoon of the toffee sauce over the cakes and unfold evenly. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or till the toffee is bubbling across the edges.
- Let the puddings cool for 5 minutes, then run a thin-bladed knife across the insides of the ramekins, invert every pudding onto a dessert plate. Rewarm the remaining toffee sauce and spoon some across the puddings. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.