Best Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe – This simple, Texas type smoked Turkey Breast is made flavorful because of a brine that’s sweetened with apple juice and sugar. Be ready to fall in love with this tender, moist, flavorful turkey! A turkey may be smoked in any sort of grill you occur to have. My choice is to make use of my pellet grill, as a result of it’s easy to take care of the temperature and smoke. However once more, you should utilize no matter you have got. Simply ensure you can cook over oblique heat and keep constant temperatures.
Smoked Turkey Breast RecipeCourse: Main DishDifficulty: Easy
6 pound bone in turkey breast
1 (64-oz.) bottle apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
10 fresh sage leaves
1/2 cup sugar
2 (4-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
3 (4-inch) fresh thyme sprigs
1 garlic bulb – cut in half crosswise
3/4 cup kosher salt
4 cups ice cubes
4 hickory wood chunks
- Bring apple juice, salt, sugar, vinegar, thyme, rosemary, sage and garlic bulb a boil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Scale back heat to medium and simmer, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Take away from heat. Stir in ice. Cool fully about 1 hour.
- Place turkey in brine, cover and chill 5 up to 12 hours.
- Put together smoker in line with manufacturer’s instructions, bringing internal temperature to 225°F to 250°F, maintain temperature 15-20 minutes. Place wooden chunks on coals.
- Take away turkey from brine, and pat dry with paper towels. Smoke turkey, sustaining temperature inside smoker between 225°F and 250°F , for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or till a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°F.
- Take away turkey, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve warm.