Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe is considered one of my favourite dishes to order after I exit to eat. Now I could make it at dwelling for lots much less money, and it tastes completely superb. This shrimp alfredo pasta is made with fettuccine in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce, topped with sauteed shrimp. A simple dinner that tastes prefer it got here from a flowery restaurant!
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo RecipeCourse: Main DishDifficulty: Easy
3/4 pound large shrimp – peeled and deveined
12 ounces fettuccine
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
Olive oil – for tossing
8 tablespoons unsalted butter – divided
2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta, and boil based on package deal instructions till al dente, tender however nonetheless barely firm. Strain, and toss with a splash of oil.
- In the meantime, prepare the shrimp in a single layer on a big pie pan or paper plate, and pat them with a paper towel till utterly dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a big skillet over medium-high heat, invert the plate of shrimp over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once. Cook the shrimp, with out shifting them, till the underside is pink, 1-2 minutes. Flip the shrimp, and cook till absolutely pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes extra. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to launch any browned bits. When the butter has largely melted, whisk within the cream and nutmeg and convey to a simmer, then cook for two minutes. Decrease the warmth to maintain the sauce heat.
- Whisk the parmesan into the sauce. Add the shrimp and cooked pasta, and toss nicely. Season with salt and pepper.